17 June 2008

did I mention this stuff is old?

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Super Action Hero Keith! (Now With Kung-Fu Grip)
Current mood: indescribable


OK. So I've never been that guy... you know... the one who's all buff and working out and voilent and testosterone laden. I'm more laid back. I'm calm. I'm mellow.



But today.... I kicked a door in. Not out of anger, or a desire to catch anyone in any act, or anything like that, but because I needed to get into a store room at work and no one had the key. And I didn't do it all by myself, I had help from one other person.... which actually made it even cooler... We did the whole 1...2.....3.... NOW! thing and the door popped open. At least, after the second 123now it popped open.

I don't know if I will ever have the chance or need to do that again, or if you will ever have the chance to do it... but if you do... holy crap it's fun.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some car hoods that need sliding across.


10:58 AM - 3 Comments - 1 Kudos - Add Comment



Thursday, February 08, 2007

escape from galvatraz!
Current mood: accomplished


Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages. I know, I know... deep down in your hearts, you've been feeling guilty. You've been depressed. You've been mired in the swamp of self doubt and loathing, all because you haven't made the trip down to Galveston to see your dear friend Keith in his Improv comedy show. But fear no more. Jumping the Shark is coming to you! Yes, that's right... for the low low price of $12 ($10 online at Massiveimprov.com) you can see Galveston's best (and only) Improv Comedy group perform at the Midtown Arts Center, Saturday, Feb. 24th at 8PM. We will be performing with Massive Improv, Comedy Sportz and Scatter!. Friday night (same place, same price) features Massive, La Resistance, and possibly more.
So, if you've been wanting to come, but have dreaded that interminable drive and that uncrossable causeway, now is your time. Your day has come, my friends.
For more info, call me at 7135409881 or go to www.myspace.com/jtsgalveston or www.massiveimprov.com

keith


11:06 AM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment



Monday, January 08, 2007

it's been a while
Current mood: amused


So i haven't done this in a while. lack of internet connection at home, not really thinking i should at work, etc... whatever. The point is, I've kinda missed writing stuff down. It helps to put my thoughts on a page. That being said, this post is about nothing but shameless self promotion.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

This coming Wednesday, at 7pm, Jumping The Shark is performing at Gravity on the Strand (near the Waterwall restaurant).We also have the regular show every thursday night at Third Coast, 31st and Seawall.

Come on out and laugh some part of your body off.


9:14 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment



Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Shark!


Come check out Jumping The Shark Thursday nights in galveston.

Galveston's only Improv Comedy group starring: ME!!!!!, Lyssa Graham, Robert Paterno and Chris Jones.

10:30 PM @ Third Coast Beach Bar. 31st and Seawall.

If you tell me early that you are coming, I can get you a few free drink tickets. I get 10 to distrubute per show, so call me early and often to secure yours.

Click on the link to see the website, become the Shark's friend, and find out about upcoming gigs.


12:03 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment


update to update to super happy fun time
Current mood: ecstatic


Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all Ages, tooks, proudfeet.... wait.. wrong speech...

You are now reading the blog of the new Sous-Chef at University of Texas Medical Branch. Yep, thats right, Keith gets to wear one of those cool jackets, and maybe, just maybe, if I play my cards right, a funny hat too. (just kidding about the funny hat... those things are scary... I'm going to push for a baseball cap)

I will be overseeing food produstion for the hospital, cafeteria and the satellite food carts... kind of a "lunchlady supervisor"... but sous-chef sounds sooooo much better.

PLus, I work 4/10s (4 days a week, 10 hours a day) so maybe, just maybe,I can get off the island a little bit more and comevisit people more often.

Anyways, consider it fair warning. If you don't have faith in my cooking abilities (and supervisory abilities), don't get sick in galveston. :)

Thanks for all your support through this no-job time. Love you all

Keith


11:54 AM - 4 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment



Tuesday, August 22, 2006

update to super happy fun time


ok... well.... starting thursday when people ask me what i have been doing, i can say "You know, sleep, going out, some comedy stuff..."

Note the unfortunate lack of the word "Work". yes, folks, that's right. As of Thursday, August 24th, I am unemployed. Great birthday present, huh?

The other restaurant in the "chain" (chain being 2 restaurants) had been tanking, and we've been holding it up. Unfortunately, with the summer season being over, we willl no longer be able to support it. So it is closing. That leaves 4 managers for 2 positions. On of those positions gets filled by the owner, and since I've been here the least amount of time, the other one doesn't get filled by me.

So if anyone knows of any positions available in the Galveston county area, give me a call.


7:07 AM - 4 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment



Saturday, August 19, 2006

super happy fun time


so my 28th birthday is approaching fast, and for the first time in a really long time, I feel like I'm actually doing something. As in, if you were to come up to me 3 months ago, and say, "hey, keith, what's going on with you?" My answer would be, work, sleep, going out. Which is funa and all and pays the bills, but it's not doing anything. It's just existing. But now... ask me again.

Same question.

Go on, I'll wait.....

"Well, let's see.... I've been working a lot, you know, the usual stuff.. I'm also doing stand up comedy every week, and helping start a 4 person improv comedy troupe called "Jumping The Shark." You should come by... it's going to start mid september on thursday nights. Oh, and I've also been doing some voiceover work for industrial training videos, nothing big, but it's a little extra spending cash to have. I'm also trying to get everything arranged to complete a BA in Hotel and Restaurant Management through Art Institute of Pitttsburgh"

Isn't that so much more fun and interesting than:

"ehh... work, sleep...going out"






12:33 PM - 3 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment



Thursday, August 03, 2006

hey! macarena!
Current mood: crushed

So, i went to this website that tells you the number 1 song on any day in history (well, any day that they were recording #1 songs). The day I was born? Grease, by frankie valley. Here's the kicker. At the top of the page, it suggests to look up your "life's theme song", which is supposedly the #1 song on your 18th birthday. Mine? The freakin Macarena. that's kinda depressing.

11:15 AM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment



Sunday, July 30, 2006

those crazy neighborhood kids


So, when you were a kid, did you ever maybe accidentally break a neighbors window, or scratch their car, or something like that? And then your mom made you write that neighbor an apology note? or worse, make you read it to them?

Well, it looks like Mel Gibson's mom has had a very stern "talking to" with him. His
statement reads like a 10 year old kid telling his neighbor that he let the dog out again and it tore up all the tomato plants. It really should be preceded with, "Aw, mom, do I have to???"

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's sorry. It's great that he has the testicular fortitude to admit when he's done wrong to the entire world, but...This is William Wallace. He's Martin Riggs. He's freaking Mad Max for crissake. I don't want some namby pamby apology. I want "I drank, aye. I droove, aye. And for that, I apologize. But what I did, I did for Scotland. FREEDOM!!!!!!"

or something along those lines.


3:24 PM - 1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment



Friday, July 28, 2006

two things
Current mood: accomplished


first, i won the weekly open mic comedy night this week. $25 bucks and a chance to compete in a few weeks for $100.

second, Steven Seagal makes an energy drink. Or at least allows his name and picture to be put on one. It's not incredibly tasty, has about the same kick as any of the others, but... It's the only one I've ever found not made with high fructose corn syrup. It's sweetened entirely with "evaporated organic cane juice". So that's cool. You can actually taste the cane.


4:43 PM - 3 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment

No comments: