18 June 2008

here goes nothing

ok kids.... here's the deal. I'm almost thirty. I'm starting to notice that... well, I'm not as young as I used to be... I get tired, I think my blood pressure is going up, I feel like crap the next day if I stay up much past midnight... that sort of thing. You all know that there's ben a certain habit in my life for the past 10 years or so that's probably not helping at all with those problems. So, today I went to CVS and bought the patch. Now, I've tried this before, but with the gum... and I didn't do what I'm doing now, asking all of you, everyone that I know and love (and even any random person who happens to run across this blog) to help me wit this whole quitting smoking thing. Text me, call me, send me an email. Ask me if I've had a cigarette today. Hold me accountable. I apparently can't do this on my own, so I'm depending on all of you. What do you get out of this? Well, you won't have to smell me when I come up to you after a cigarette. You wont have to breathe my second hand smoke when I accidentally blow it in your direction. And, most importantly, you'll get my undying gratitude. And maybe I'll buy you a beer sometime. :)

The thing is, I know that for the first few weeks I'm going to get a lot of response from this. Emails, texts and calls will pour in from all of you. And that's wonderful... it'll be during the hardest part of this process that I get the most support. But I ask of you, don't stop there... A month from now, 2 months from now, next year... 2015.. whenever, please keep up the support.

Proposed "ex-Smoker" date according to the Nicoderm schedule is 3 days after my 30th birthday. We should have a party. One that's indoors :)

I love you all
Thanks in advance.

No comments: