10 December 2008

toaster resolution

So one of my New Years resolutions this year is going to be to Write down recipes. I tend to kind of make things up on the fly or google what I want to make, then throw it together with some modifications, which works great, until someone asks how to reproduce the item. Then I have to say something along the lines of "well... ummm.... i put some stuff in it..." I am also going to try to continue to twitter new or interesting items that I make. The combination of those two ideas leads to my request.
If you see me twitter/facebook/blog something that you want to know about, ask me to email you the recipe. I don't believe in secret ingredients or secret recipes, so ask away.

To start out early, here's an idea taken from a NY times/Emeril/the internet somewhere, i think...

Candied Bacon

Take thick cut bacon and lay it out on a cookie sheet (the kind with a lip)
Mix 1 cup brown sugar with 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
Coat bacon slices thoroughly with sugar mixture
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and bubbly.
Cool slices on wire rack
Eat as is, or chop and use to top a salad, or use whole on a sandwich (ham, cheddar, thinly sliced apple maybe?)

1 comment:

Dave said...

If I start eating dead pig fat, yours would be first in line.